Friday 9 May 2014

Disc Updates

          Following the completion of my on disc label, my file was corrupted and lost. I had a presentation within the next 3 days so I had to re-create the label, but this gave me chance to experiment and implement some of the feedback I had received.

          My original aim was to get the disc looking the way it did originally, however after assembling all the pieces I decided to experiment and attempt to implement some of the feedback I had received.. I made the shield smaller and fit within the draconic ring but this lost the majestic effect the disc conveyed. I then tried moving the shield behind the ring, but because the edges couldn't be seen, it wasn't very obvious it was a shield. I then tried moving it to the far right but this felt very uneven and made the disc look 'wonky'.
          In the end I settled for a slightly changed version of the original. I moved the shield to the center of the disc and increased the size slightly to create an even split down the disc as opposed to my offer center approach previously.
          To accommodate the shield I had to move my developer logo to the bottom of the disc  alongside the pegi and technology logos. I also increased the size of these as I felt they were too small, especially when compared to actual game discs.
          Whilst trying to find the blending mode I used for the blood splatter I came across the one pictured. Although it isn't the same as the original I found that it has a very good effect and looked even more realistic than the effect I used previously. I also applied a different blend mode to the leather background that shows the map texture slightly poking through, although this effect was not intended I think it helps make the leather look worn.

No comments:

Post a Comment