Saturday 10 May 2014

Peer Feedback on Trailer

         Being as I have finished my trailer I thought it would be beneficial for me to gather some feedback from my peers, this could be used to make changes to to the trailer, give me ideas for the future and also give me a better understanding of what viewers think of my video. 

User F

Even though I am not usually an individual who would play such a videogame, this particular trailer is one that definitely draws you in. Personally I think my favourite part is the choice of the backing music which works perfectly with the theme of the game, and has a great feel to how the trailer progresses. The crescendo of the music peaks at just the right point with the battling and fighting beforehand, and then the peak hits with the mythical dragon. The use of green screening was very innovative which links into footage from the game really well. All in all a trailer that gives a great insight to the game, clips that work together and flow well, and certainly makes you want to see more.


My Response - As discussed in one of my previousblog posts, the choice of music was very important to achieve the results discussed here, particularly the crescendo at the dragon clip. I'm pleased this has resonated with the viewer. One of the main objectives I set for my video was that it flows, I am pleased that the viewer thought it did.

User S

This is a well made and eventful trailer, showing the best of the world it is set in, both dark and good. There are also many commendable parts to the trailer that really draw the viewer in, but what ties it all together is the epic and heroic music that dwells behind the action and beautiful naturalistic scenes. The music brings the story to life as the character battles his way through the world, really engaging the viewer and making it seem that they are the character themselves. This is one of those rare sound tracks which is uplifting and almost gives the viewer a sense of duty to play the game. Moving on from this, another stand out feature is the use of the green screen. The video footage seamlessly blends from game play to real life as our hero runs through the forest only to encounter a dragon. At which point, an incredible amount of skill and thought has gone into creating a dust cloud that ripples away from the dragon and blends the scene together. Finally, there are four seconds which stand out in particular to me and this is at 16 seconds - 20 seconds on which the video moves from right to left, traveling through a wall to reveal a skeleton on the other side. This is a fantastic peace of camera trickery which also beautifully encapsulates how transitions should be used. Moreover, this also demonstrates a key knowledge in the subject area as this is also common place with the genre of game and or movie. All in all, it is a fantastically made trailer which shows of the beautiful graphics of the game, but also draws the viewer in making them believe that it could be real life and actually them within this epic magical tale. I eagerly wait for the release date.



My Response - I am glad the contrast between the light and dark clips was evident, and that the music fit with the scenes on screen. I'm pleased my work on the green screen scenes was well received as I spent a lot of time altering the settings so the green wasn't visible but also didn't cut into the image. I am personally very happy with the 4 seconds the viewer is referencing, it took a lot of altering to make the transition seamless and I'm glad that the effect of the camera moving into the shadows was noticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment