Friday 14 February 2014

Infuriation and Skyrim

          There are a lot of RPGs available today, a quick search in a local games shop or online will show you that but there are very few that are suitable for my assignment. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Two Worlds II and Unigine's Heaven, Valley and Sanctuary benchmarking tools are the few I am looking at using as they have the type of atmosphere I wish to create with my project. The former three have a wide variety of regions allowing me greater choice when gathering screenshots and footage, whilst the latter three are highly detailed which will be useful when I require close ups. 


Without ENB
With ENB
          I aimed to use a lot of footage from Skyrim but couldn't as it would look too similar to the original, however I have installed over 300 mods and an ENB resulting in a very unique and beautiful looking environment. I aimed to take a few screenshots for a mood board, so was not best please when Skyrim would not start even though it had the previous evening. The abridged version - it took 2 full days to fix the issue, I am still unsure as to what was the issue however I can safely assume it was a combination of up to date and out of date files mixing with existing, overwritten and non existent files with a dash of administrative permissions. Although I spent a lot of time working on fixing the problem and learnt a lot in the process.

Fixing the ENB is very important for my project as it makes it very different from the 'vanilla' version of the game. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I want my trailer to be comprised of footage people haven't seen and this is a way of achieving that, combined with filming my own footage. 


No comments:

Post a Comment