Saturday 29 March 2014

Dvd Disc Label - Ideas

           My initial ideas are quite similar to one another. They both have The Elder Scrolls Online draconian ring around the outer as I think it gives a ceremonial feel to the disc. The shield will be half of the shield I used on my front cover, positioned to the right of the disc, giving a noticeable contrast to the other half of the disc. The title will be prominent across the centre and will be the same as used in my Photoshop document, as it gives a good contrast to the black background of the disc but also stands out well against the shield. 
     The developer logo will be prominent at the top as is common with the discs I have looked at. Similarly to official discs is the technology logos at the bottom, alongside the Pegi rating. There will also be the typical copyright material around the outer edge of the disc as well as wrapping around between the outer edge of the disc and the inner circle. I will most likely go with the design on the left as it is more "zoomed in". The overall feel I want with this disc is that is an artifact, forgotten for ages and kept within the ancient tome cover. The shield in particular is prominent and is almost "protected" by the draconian ring. This is similar to other games of this genre that feature a main element such as a weapon, piece of armour, or a creature. Other game discs give the idea that the disc is a significant object and is battle worn and tired, the disc reflects this.

No comments:

Post a Comment